Given that the source of our inspiration is nature and the environment, we are passionate about minimising the impact we have on it.
From designing the cards to reaching the buyer, byOliviaBell tries to choose materials and processes that are both sustainable and eco friendly.
- Olivia Bell designs and draws on recycled sketch pads
- We print and package with the imaging centre who have a very impressive environmental statement ; https://theimagingcentre.co.uk/environmental-statement/
- We use UK based printers and suppliers to minimise our carbon footprint
- We are proud to use FSC certified board and envelopes. The FSC is an international organisation that provides a system to allow certificate holders to market their products as the result of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable forest management.
- We use Royal Mail for UK deliveries who have the lowest reported carbon emissions per parcel of any major UK delivery company with efforts to become a net zero carbon business by 2040
- All of our cards and envelopes are plastic free and recyclable
- Our outer packaging which consists of card clasps are sourced within the UK and are plastic free and recyclable.
- Our optional cello bags are biodegradable, compostable and recyclable made by Nativia; https://sustainabilityconsult.com/case-studies/253-nativia )
- Our wholesale and retail packages (large and small) are boxed in plastic free packaging and packed using 100% recycled and recyclable paper padding (when needed) and sealed with paper tape, all of which can be recycled or reused.
- All of our packing materials are sourced within the UK.